Sunday, August 18, 2013

Loving Launceston

View across the North Esk River from The Boathouse back to Seaport
I like Launceston more each time I visit. I don't recall being too impressed with the town itself when I visited as a tourist some years ago. But the more I wander its streets filled with lovely old buildings and sample its food the more I like it.

Princes Square
Apricot Frozen Yoghurt at Stillwater

This week I flew into Launceston from Melbourne. The fields surrounding the airport were under a lot of water. I had heard about flooding in some areas of the town following torrential rain this week. Early on Friday morning I walked up Cataract Gorge and the volume of water roaring down it was incredible. It was too dark for a good photo, but you'll get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment